RE: [atlarge-discuss] Time for Vote of No Confidence

That time will come soon, read on...

> I suggest he confirms whether or not he has voted on any
> motions (and how many); and that the Panel Chair confirms how
> many times he believes Sebastian has and has not voted.

The Panel will be taking a formal position on this soon...

> I suggest Sebastian is given a fixed period of time to argue
> his case, and in the absence of any defence (or interest)
> then at that stage I would consider supporting a vote of no
> confidence.

At this time there are no rules/regulations/procedures for
how to deal with this issue, but the Panel is voting on that
right now - see:
http://mailman.icannatlarge.org/pipermail/panel/2003-June/000738.html

> In fact, it would be interesting if the Panel Chair could
> give the Membership (through this list) a tally of how many
> times out of how many votes, each Panelist has voted to date.

Good idea. As soon as the 'webmaster' is in place, an update
of all motions and votes will be an important part of the atlarge
web site. Patience - it will happen soon.

> In my opinion, there should be minimal tolerance for a
> panelist if he/she does not bother to vote, because
> participation through voting is fundamental.

Agreed.

Hugh
Panel member
(speaking only for himself)