Re: [atlarge-discuss] Re: [Members] Discuss list gone?

this twisted venon does not fit the gallant Joanna I known and still want to trust.
I prefer to forget this and forgive.
jfc

At 08:39 31/07/03, Joanna Lane wrote:

<snip>The members list is the more appropriate location for
our organization to discourse.  <snip>

In effect, switching lists is musical chairs with one chair less in this
round - bad luck for Danny Younger. Everyone else is a member except Jefsey,
who I thought rather smartly resigned in the face of otherwise being banned.
When did that change? It didn't.

How soon we forget the outrage about his election spamming that was far more
damaging to the organization than anything JW did. Is it appropriate to just
let Jefsey reclaim his membership at a time of his own choosing without
further discussion?  I think not.

While his resignation neatly side-stepped the need for sanctions at the
time, JFC cannot now just withdraw it with no mention of what he did to this
organization. That would not be fair to JW who has been held to a different
standard. I have nothing against JFC personally, but I don't trust him
anymore as a result of what he did, certainly it would not be appropriate to
allow him to hold any position of responsibility, and as a matter of
principal, I think members that knowingly betray the trust placed in them
and abuse the membership in the way that he did, do not deserve to be
welcomed back into the fold without a word about what they did.

Sorry Hugh, but I just can't agree with your, "let us know if you want to be
a member and you're welcome to join the member's list JFC."

The simple fact is he resigned and is not currently a member, so he is not
eligible to join the members only list until he re-applies for membership
and is accepted. That means referral to the Panel regarding his prior
behavior and if approved to rejoin, then it will be as a non-voting member
until verified by the Ver-Comm.

Joanna

---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.