[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Industrie zweifelt an Datenschutz-Selbstregulierung
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Industrie zweifelt an Datenschutz-Selbstregulierung
- From: JOHANNESULBRICHT@cs.com
- Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2000 13:27:04 EST
- Comment: This message comes from the debate mailing list.
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
Unesco Observatory Newsletter:
[ECO - 07.01.2000] E-commerce firms start to rethink opposition to privacy
The electronic-commerce industry is starting to reconsider its long-held
opposition to federal regulation of Internet privacy issues. To date, the
industry has pushed the concept of "self-regulation" to handle the
burgeoning practice of collecting detailed data on Internet consumers.