[FYI] HGP und GPL

Muster bilden sich...

http://www.nature.com/cgi-taf/DynaPage.taf?file=/nature/journal/v404/n6780/full/404809a0_r.html

   Nature 20 April 2000
   Correspondence
   Nature 404, 809 (2000) © Macmillan Publishers Ltd.

   Open-source work even more vital to genome project than to software

   Sir - We note with dismay and alarm the controversy concerning access,
   distribution and patenting of the human genome sequence (Nature 404,
   317; 2000 & Nature 404, 324; 2000). We wish to point out some
   analogies between the human genome sequencing efforts and
   'open-source' software development, which have implications for the
   data-release policy of the public sequencing effort.

   Unfortunately, the public genome-sequencing centres have not
   distributed their 'source code' under a similar GPL licence in the
   past. This has now allowed a commercial entity to incorporate these
   data into a closed product with the apparent aim of market domination.

ralf
--
http://ME.IN-berlin.de/~rws/