Re: [FYI] UK boost for digital signatures

Axel H Horns wrote:

> http://news.ft.com/ft/gx.cgi/ftc?pagename=View&c=Article&cid=FT3XIZM4J
> DC
>
> ------------------------------- CUT --------------------------------
>
> UK boost for digital signatures
>
> By Mark Nicholson, Scotland Correspondent
>
> Published: September 24 2000 20:08GMT | Last Updated: September 25
> 2000 10:11GMT
>
> An internet start-up company has struck an alliance with the Post
> Office to offer free digital signatures to millions of consumers, in
> a move designed to boost public confidence in using the internet for
> online transactions.

Hot news! Post Office+someone-or-other are going to give everyone what
they had already! For nothing!

Hmm. Think I'm going to team up with the Bank of England to offer
everyone free pens in order to boost public confidence in paper
contracts.

Cheers,

Ben.

--