fyi: 'net politics (fwd)

Amerikanischer Wahlkampf:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Curtiss Priest <cpriest@juno.com>

I generally trust this source.

W. Curtiss Priest

forward as you wish.

From: Mary E Hopper <mehopper@world.std.com>
To: cpriest@juno.com, foner@out-of-band.media.mit.edu
Subject: 'net politics
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 19:37:42 -0400 (EDT)

E-Media Alert, experiment in internet role in national politics,
if nothing more..

[note: I got this from a serious source, but he wasn't sure
of it's original source, so hard to tell if it's true or not.
Distribute at your own risk.]

>There is a serious rumor that the Republican party feels that Cheney is
>a liability to their ticket.and a few weeks prior to the election, in a
>desperate attempt to win, he will resign because of a trumped-up heart
>problem or potential "threat to his health." Then either John McCain or
>Colin Powell will be asked to come on their ticket and save the party.
>There is a move afoot in top circles to try to squelch it so PLEASE
>send this message to as many people as you can. If we get the rumor
>out on the Internet, they won't be able to do their calculated move
>without repercussions.
Mary E. Hopper, Ph.D.
mehopper@world.com
http://www.world.com/~mehopper