[FYI] "Our message is that this problem can be solved by technology rather than an endless cycle of legislation and litigation"

http://www.usatoday.com/life/cyber/tech/cti676.htm

------------------------------- CUT ---------------------------------

10/17/00- Updated 11:23 AM ET

Panel agrees: Rethink Net porn laws

By Leslie Miller, USA TODAY

Internet porn may not be making headlines lately, but it hasn't gone
away. And despite appearances to the contrary, neither has the latest
law intended to keep adult material away from Net-surfing kids.

[...]

The unanimous recommendation: Shift resources to enforce existing
obscenity laws, educate parents about filtering tools, and make those
tools more accessible and reliable.

''Our message is that this problem can be solved by technology rather
than an endless cycle of legislation and litigation,'' says chairman
Donald Telage, former president of the domain name registration
company Network Solutions.

For the adult entertainment industry, he has these words: ''It's time
to come of age and clean up your house.'' The commission recommends
voluntary standards to prevent kids from getting into adult sites.

[...]