Call for Papers: Information Technology and Public Administration

> Hello
> I hope you are interested in the following call for paper on eGovernment
> for the next HICSS in January 2003.
> If you are not interested or got multiple copies of the CfP, please accept
> my apology. If you know somebody else who might be interested  in the
> conference, please forward the CfP to him/her.
>
> Best regards
>
> Matthias Günter
> Head IT
> Swiss Federal Institute of Intellectual Property

We apologize if you receive this call via another list.

Call For Papers for the
Minitrack Cluster on

Information Technology and Public Administration

(1) IT-enabled Management of Government (e-Gov-Management),
(2) Policies for IT-enabled Public Administration (e-Policy),
(3) IT-enabled Democracy (e-Democracy), and
(4) IT-enabled Government Services (e-Gov-Services).

Parts of the Emerging Technologies Track
At the Thirty-sixth Annual
HAWAI'I INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON SYSTEM SCIENCES
On the Big Island of Hawaii
January 6 - 9, 2003

Information Technology and Public Administration

Government at all levels (federal, state, and local) and across all branches
(legislative, executive, and judicial) is the biggest single investor in and
user of Information Technology (IT).  Given its enormously varied missions,
government employs a vast range of information technology applications which
have dramatically changed the way government is conducted and which will
continue to affect the way citizens and businesses expect government to
function in the 21st century. Government is also a powerful incubator,
creator, influencer, precursor, and director of information technology
programs, initiatives, and trends. The creation of the Internet and the
National Science Foundation's current multiyear Information Technology
Research (ITR) and Digital Government programs are examples of this kind of
government involvement in IT development. The close and complex relationship
between information technology and the public sector has become a major
focus of academic research in fields such as public administration,
organizational behavior, information science, and technology innovation.

The study field of Information Technology and Public Administration is
covered by four minitracks, which are designed to contribute to the
increased understanding of this complex and important topic and to promote
improved research in these fields of study. To promote these goals, the four
minitracks complement each other by establishing distinct focal points

For detailed information on the four minitracks, please see

http://www2.ctg.albany.edu/conference/hicss36/infomgmt.html

Minitrack Co-chairs:

(1) IT-enabled Management of Government (e-Gov-Management)

* Jon P. Gant, Indiana University, email: jgant@indiana.edu
* Matthias Günter, Swiss Federal Inst. of Intellectual Property, email:
matthias.guenter@ipi.ch
* Theresa A. Pardo, University at Albany, email: tpardo@ctg.albany.edu

(2) Policies for IT-enabled Public Administration (e-Policy)

* Bianca von Bredow, University of Zurich, email: bvonbred@ifi.unizh.ch
* Anthony Cresswell, University at Albany, email: tcresswell@ctg.albany.edu
* Maria Wimmer, University of Linz, email: mw@ifs.uni-linz.ac.at

(3) IT-enabled Democracy (e-Democracy),

* Sharon S. Dawes, University at Albany, email: sdawes@ctg.albany.edu
* Michael Gisler, Federal Dep of Computer Sciences and Telecom, email:
michael.gisler@bit.admin.ch
* Eric Welch,University of Illinois at Chicago, email: ewwelch@uic.edu

(4) IT-enabled Government Services (e-Gov-Services).

* Heide Bruecher, University of Applied Sciences of Berne, email:
heide.bruecher@hsw.bfh.ch
* Ralf Klischewski, Hamburg University, email:
klischewski@informatik.uni-hamburg.de
* Hans J. (Jochen) Scholl, University at Albany, email:
jscholl@ctg.albany.edu

IMPORTANT DEADLINES

March 31, 2002
Abstracts submitted for guidance and indication of appropriate content.

June 1, 2002
Full papers submitted to Minitrack Chair.
Contact minitrack chairs for submission instructions.

August 31, 2002
Notice of accepted papers sent to Authors.

October 1, 2002
Accepted manuscripts sent electronically to the publisher.
Authors must be registered for the conference by this date.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR PAPER SUBMISSION

1. INSTRUCTIONS FOR PAPER SUBMISSION
.
Submit  both your abstract  (by March 31, 2002) and your full paper, (by
June 1, 2002) consisting of 22-26 double- spaced pages, including diagrams,
directly to

http://www.ctg.albany.edu/conference/hicss36/author.

This is the ONLY way your paper can be formally submitted.  If you have
questions about or problems with this process, please contact the minitrack
chair.  (NOTE: If accepted, the final version of the paper will be limited
to 10 pages, double-column, single-spaced.)
2. Papers should contain original material and not be previously published,
or currently submitted for consideration elsewhere.

3. Each paper must have a title page to include title of the paper, full
names of all authors, and complete address(es) including affiliation(s),
telephone number(s), and e-mail address(es).

4. The first page of the manuscript should include only the title and a
300-word abstract of the paper.

TRACKS AT HICSS-36

* Collaboration Systems; Co-Chair: Jay Nunamaker;
Email: nunamaker@bpa.arizona.edu;
Co-Chair: Robert O. Briggs;
Email: bbriggs@GroupSystems.com
* Complex Systems; Chair: Robert Thomas;
Email: rjt1@cornell.edu
* Decision Technologies for Management; Chair: Dan Dolk;
Email: dolker@redshift.com
* Digital Documents and Media; Chair: Michael Shepherd;
Email: shepherd@cs.dal.ca
* Emerging Technologies; Co-Chair: Ralph H. Sprague;
Email: sprague@hawaii.edu
Co-Chair: Hesham El-Rewini;
Email: rewini@engr.smu.edu
* Information Technology in Health Care; Chair: William Chismar;
Email: chismar@cba.hawaii.edu
* Internet & the Digital Economy; Co-Chair: David King;
Email: dave@comshare.com
Co-Chair: Alan Dennis;
Email: ardennis@indiana.edu
* Organizational Systems & Technologies; Chair: Hugh Watson;
Email: hwatson@uga.edu
* Software Technology; Chair: Hesham El-Rewini;
Email: rewini@engr.smu.edu

HICSS conferences are devoted to advances in the information, computer, and
system sciences, and encompass developments in both theory and practice.
Invited papers may be theoretical, conceptual, tutorial or descriptive in
nature. Submissions undergo a peer referee process and those selected for
presentation will be published in the Conference Proceedings. Submissions
must not have been previously published.

For the latest information, visit the HICSS web site at:
http://www.hicss.hawaii.edu

CONFERENCE ADMINISTRATION

* Ralph Sprague, Conference Chair
Email: sprague@hawaii.edu
* Eileen Dennis, Track Administrator
Email: eidennis@indiana.edu
Tel: 1-812-331-0551
Fax: 1-812-331-0564
* Sandra Laney, Conference Administrator
Email: hicss@hawaii.edu
Tel: 1-808-956-3251
Fax: 1-808-956-5759

For the latest information; visit the HICSS web site at:
http://www.hicss.hawaii.edu

2003 HICSS-36 CONFERENCE VENUE:
Hilton Waikoloa Village (on the Big Island of Hawaii)
425 Waikoloa Beach Drive
Waikoloa, Hawaii 96738
Tel: 1-808-886-1234
Fax: 1-808-886-2900
http://www.hilton.com/hotels/KOAHWHH/index.html?show=all
www.hiltonwaikoloavillage.com

NOTE:  December 1 is the deadline to guarantee hotel room reservation at
conference rate.