magical thinking

http://www.mcgeesmusings.net/2003/01/13.html#a2880 ist lesenswert
und hat Anwendungen auf die Debatte über die Büssowschen
Sperrverfügungen wie auf DRM.

	This leads to the final area I want to think about;
	technology vs. magic at a policy level. In this realm,
	magical thinking is more dangerous because it is harder to
	overcome from a single side. You cannot hope to untangle the
	issues around file-sharing networks or DMCA, for example,
	unless everyone deals with technology as technology and not
	magic. [...] For those who choose to view technology as
	magic in these debates, pushback from those who view
	technology as technology (or engineering, I suppose)
	probably come across as petulant. When we say "I can't",
	they hear "I won't." While that might be a reasonable
	inference when dealing with adolescent children, it isn't
	very helpful in a policy debate.

Gute Nacht,
--
Thomas Roessler                        <roessler@does-not-exist.org>