Mittlerfreie Kommunikation wird Thema

http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=03/09/06/1911237
"RIAA Parses 'P2P' As 'Peer 2 Porn'

http://yro.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=77487&cid=6889677 bringt
es auf den Punkt:

-----
  Their argument says, essentially: "We cannot see what a given
  individual is doing. They could be doing anything!. Therefore,
  we MUST monitor and regulate each individual!"

  The premise of our society (in the US) is exactly the opposite
  of that view: "...Chief among these are life, liberty, and the
  pursuit of happiness..." The "liberty" part means that Yeah--you
  could be doing anything. Go ahead. We presume that what you're
  doing is none of anyone else's business.

  In that context, the RIAA's argument "Unmonitored, unregulated
  private citizens are probably criminal, and must be treated as
  such." sounds absurd. Not to the folks making the laws.
-----

Interessant ist in diesem Zusammenhang auch der Versuch, eine
ganze Klasse von Software ("P2P Kommunikationsprogramme") mehr
oder weniger als illegal erklären zu lassen. Das ergibt gleich
ganz neue Anwendungen für Palladium-Style Infrastrukturen. :-)

Kristian