[FYI] SCO Lists Specific Code-Infringement Claims

<http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/02/18/0146241>

SCO Lists Specific Code-Infringement Claims

Posted by timothy on Tuesday February 17, @10:33PM
from the if-it-wasn't-for-you-meddling-kids dept.

mugnyte writes "Those tireless folks at groklaw have transcribed and
published the documents from the latest IBM/SCO hearing. In it, the
exact lines of the supposed Dynix / AIX / Linux logic are given. SCO
claimed that Linux's read copy update, journaling file system,
enterprise volume management system, AIO (Asynchronous I/O), and
"scatter gather" I/O code had been derived from either AIX or
Dynix/ptx. Now we can take a look at what SCO thinks makes Linux an
enterprise-ready platform started at 2.4, stealing away their market
share. However, IBM released these things under the GPL ... so what
license did IBM really have from SCO to do this? Which raises the
question, What license did SCO have from Novell to disallow this?"

[...]

Also:

<http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/02/18/004238>