GOOD DAY.

From: Mr Charles Wood.
Charleswood Farms (Pty) Limited
Glendale, Mashonaland Central,
Zimbabwe.

Dear Sir,

My name is Charles Wood, a white Zimbabwean commercial Farmer. I am writing on behalf of a partner, MR JACK ALAN and Myself. I own two farms : Charleswood Farms (Pty) Limited - an animal and livestock farm and Landsdowne Farms Pvt - a dairy farm. Jack owns a cattle farm - Jackwalan Farms (Pty) Limited. All our farms are situated in Glendale, Mashonaland Central, Zimbabwe.

You may be aware of the question / issue of White - owned land and the organised seizure of the White - owned commercial farms under the absurd, controversial and ignoble Land Reform / Redistribution Programme of President Robert Mugabe's Zimbabwe - where White - owned commercial farms were seized and redistributed, so to speak, free to Black farmers without the commensurate compensation to the owners.

You may wish to read and know more about the predicament of the Zimbabwean White commercial farmers based on Mugabe's Brutality on the following websites by just clicking on any of them:
http://www.usatoday.com/news/opinion/columnists/wickham/2001-12-06-wickham.htm

 http://www.hrw.org/reports/2002/zimbabwe/ZimLand0302-03.htm

 http://www.heraldsun.com/nationworld/14-266086.html

http://www.guardian.co.uk/weblog/special/0,10627,536901,00.html

We are therefore contacting you as the need  for us - my partner and myself - to have a foreign partner has become necessary due to our plan,  which is now the plan of all the Zimbabwe Commercial Farmers Union in general, to relocate to another country, as the present political climate and instability in Zimbabwe does not encourage further Business / financial commitments. The security of our lives and property in Zimbabwe are under serious threat by the day and are no longer guaranteed, just as constantly reported by most international media.

The whole problem started when the Zimbabwean Government under
the leadership of President Robert Mugabe, in a very bizzare and controversial circumstances, successfully forced a law through the Zimbabwean Parliament on May 31, 2000 that empowers the President to seize more than 849 white - owned commercial farms for redistribution to amorphous / faceless non - existent black farmers, who are just his cronies / cabinet members and party faithfuls.

In the euphoria that greeted this charade, as reported by the BBC, the CNN and other international media, a lot of white owned farms were swooped by the Government organised protesters and in the process more than 6 white farmers were killed , many were injured and  lots of property worth millions of dolars destroyed. The government did not stop at these, as all white farmers have now been asked to vacate their farms and give them up to black farmers or face forcible ejection, including a jail sentence.

So far, more than 1,400 white owned commercial farms have been invaded and confiscated, as well as the seizure of the property of the affected  farmers. About 350 white farmers have been arrested and jailed for defying the orders to vacate / leave their farms. Now, faced with the above unfortunate situation, we have decided to contact you to assist us, so that we can divert our commercial farming concern / interests and fortune in Zimbabwe to a more peaceful country and stable economy to enable us continue with our commercial farming business. And since we intend to purchasae land to accomplish this desire, we thought it necessary, to have a citizen to front for us and act as proxy, given the fact that we do not know much about the land ownership laws of your country.

To achieve this purpose, we have deposited all monies from the
sale of our farming equipment, including the tractors, dairy cows, livestock and all our business proceeds, which in all amounted to a total of about US$19.5Million, in a Bank in South Africa from where the
funds was successfully transferred to abroad. We will upon
receipt of your consent to assist, make all the arrangements to move
the funds to you pending our arrival to meet with you in your
country. We will worked out all the necessary modality to ensure that the funds are conveniently moved to your region to enable you receive it without much inconveniences.

We would like to leave the issue of renumeration for your assistance open for discussion on terms that would be fair to all and agreed between us. So please let us know what percentage you feel would adequately compensate for your efforts and  assistance / services you
will render.
If you are therefore interested and willing to assist us, please
forward to us the following information so that we can contact you for further discussion on this issue :
1. YOUR FULL NAMES AND CONTACT ADDRESS
2. YOUR TELEPHONE AND FAX NUMBER
3. YOUR DATE OF BIRTH
We anticipate your urgent response,  while also requesting that you treat this matter in strict confidence, for fear of retribution by the Government. Please direct all your correspondence (s) to us through this email address : <charlesltd2000@yahoo.co.uk>  for purposes of confidentiality.
Cheers and God bless.
Charles Wood.