[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: French fries and sodomy
- to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: French fries and sodomy
- from: email@example.com
- Date: Wed, 30 Oct 1996 20:30:50 +0100
- Comment: This message comes from the debate mailing list.
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
To: Multiple recipients of [...]
On the subject of pronography as political speech, has anyone here
yet cited the story that when the banning of _Lady Chatterley's
Lover_ was debated in the House of Lords, one of those who supported
the ban challenged one who supported the book with the following
Would the Noble Lord want his daughters to read this book?
and received the reply:
I shouldn't mind my daughters reading it. But I wouldn't want my
gamekeeper to read it.