Re: French fries and sodomy

To: Multiple recipients of [...]

On the subject of pronography as political speech, has anyone here
yet cited the story that when the banning of _Lady Chatterley's
Lover_ was debated in the House of Lords, one of those who supported
the ban challenged one who supported the book with the following
question:

  Would the Noble Lord want his daughters to read this book?

and received the reply:

  I shouldn't mind my daughters reading it.  But I wouldn't want my
gamekeeper to read it.