[online-e] German lawsuit over e-mail (fwd)

----- Forwarded message from Steven Carlson -----

To: online-europe@isys.hu
From: Steven Carlson <steve@isys.hu>
Subject: [online-e] German lawsuit over e-mail

I got this message from the Red Rock Eater service, so I'm including the
moderator's message (below). I'm sure our German readers will be interested
to read this news ...

---
[Red Rock Eater moderator comments:]

[What I find most interesting about this is the reported role of PR
firms in monitoring e-mail among environmental activists.  This is not
surprising, given a variety of past stories about PR surveillance of
nonviolent activist groups (see Covert Action Quarterly for Spring 1993
or John Stauber and Sheldon Rampton, Toxic Sludge is Good for You, Common
Courage Press, 1995), but it's the first time I've heard of such tactics
being extended into computer networks.  Forwarded with permission.]

This message was forwarded through the Red Rock Eater News Service (RRE).
Send any replies to the original author, listed in the From: field below.
You are welcome to send the message along to others but please do not use
the "redirect" command.  For information on RRE, including instructions
for (un)subscribing, send an empty message to  rre-help@weber.ucsd.edu