[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[FYI] BESTS conference 02.12.1998
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: [FYI] BESTS conference 02.12.1998
- From: Horns@t-online.de (Axel H. Horns)
- Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 18:04:08 +0100
- Comment: This message comes from the debate mailing list.
- Organization: Private Site
- Priority: normal
- Reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sender: email@example.com
CORDIS RTD-NEWS/c European Communities, 1998
Record Control Number : 11620
Date : 1998-11-19
Category : Event
General Information :
A final conference presenting the results of the BESTS project,
carried out within the EU's INFOSEC Action in the field of information
security, will be held in Vienna, Austria, on 2 December 1998. The
event will precede the EU's annual conference on Information Societies
Technologies (IST'98). The project involved the execution of a
Business Environment Study of Trusted Services and investigated the
elements that impede businesses from entering the electronic services
market within the EU.
The BESTS results will be presented at the conference, focusing in
particular on the different legal, technical, business and government
aspects of electronic services. The program will be of interest to
those involved in the public sector as well as those involved in
business. Discussions will focus on the market characteristics, market
development and the government-industry relationship in electronic
Each session will have short introductory presentations followed by a
panel discussion on issues such as market characteristics and market
development. This will cover questions such as:
- What does the market look like?
- Is it the market we expected?
- When are developments taking place?
- Which developments are expected?
- What kind of legislation and regulation is needed?
- What should government do?
Data Source Provider : European Commission, DG XIII
Document Reference : BESTS conference: Event announcement.
Programme Acronym : INFOSEC
Subject Index Codes : Information Processing, Information Systems;
Contact Person :
Further information may be accessed on the following Website: