[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Java wird Open
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Java wird Open
- From: "Ralf W. Stephan" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 21 Nov 1998 14:11:43 +0100
- Comment: This message comes from the debate mailing list.
- Mail-Followup-To: email@example.com
- Reply-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sender: email@example.com
Slashdot: Sun will Java weiter öffnen.
(Sun plans Java licensing revisions following win over Microsoft)
"We think there are some interesting advantages to the open source
model," said Alan Baratz, president of Sun's Java software division,
in Cupertino, Calif.
One of the models Sun is considering, sources said, is similar to how
it licenses its new networking technology, Jini, whose specifications
and source code reside for free on the company's Web site.
If you look for a bug, beware, there could be two.