[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: "Mailingliste Fitug" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Vorwarnung
- From: Christiane.Schulzki@t-online.de (Chr. Schulzki-Haddouti)
- Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1998 20:52:14 +0100
- Cc: "Mailingliste Krypto" <email@example.com>
- Comment: This message comes from the debate mailing list.
- Reply-To: "Chr. Schulzki-Haddouti" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: email@example.com
Date forwarded: Fri, 4 Dec 1998 01:21:26 +0800
Date sent: Thu, 3 Dec 1998 12:22:39 -0500
From: David Banisar <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: [ICRYPTO] Wassenaar Setback?
Forwarded by: email@example.com
Send reply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
I just got a call from a Reuters reporter I know saying that he got a call
personally from US Ambassador David Aaron claiming that the Wassenaar
countries have agreed to set restrictions on all crypto under 56 bits and
mass market at 64 bits. Obviously Aarons' credibilit is a bit dubioous (he
claimed the OECD guidelines were a great victory for crypto restrictions
and that the EU will not enforce the data protection directive). Anyone
have anything else they know?