[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [FYI] (Fwd) Finnish prime minister on Wassenaar
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: [FYI] (Fwd) Finnish prime minister on Wassenaar
- From: "Ralf W. Stephan" <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 11:01:53 +0100
- Comment: This message comes from the debate mailing list.
- In-Reply-To: <199812160708.IAA04899@avalon.iks-jena.de>; from Axel H. Horns on Wed, Dec 16, 1998 at 08:10:09AM +0100
- Mail-Followup-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- References: <199812160708.IAA04899@avalon.iks-jena.de>
- Reply-To: email@example.com
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
> "The United States is in a very powerful position"
The Wassenaar regulations could be called antidemocratic since electronic
voting software is forbidden for export. On the other hand, you can't trust
companies when it comes to these kind of crypto applications. Therefore
there have to be clear regulations regarding open source (=trusted) software.