[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Slashdot] RIAA's Encypted Music-Working with defense contractors?
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: [Slashdot] RIAA's Encypted Music-Working with defense contractors?
- From: Kristian Köhntopp <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 15:05:47 +0100
- Comment: This message comes from the debate mailing list.
- Organization: SH Online Dienst GmbH
- Sender: email@example.com
Posted by Hemos on Friday December 18, @08:32AM
from the things-that-make-you-go-hmm dept.
Tom Holroyd passed along some interesting pieces of
information from Eric S Arnum's recent piece over at
SonicNet. Many of you saw that the RIAA has decided to
lauch their Secure Digital Music Initiative (SDMI). Well,
that's not so interesting on it's own, but their choice of company
is. It's a subsidary of SAIC, a privately held company that does
work in secure defense commnuications. The company (SAIC) has
worked with the CIA, NSA, and Navy, amongst others.
Click below for the full story.
SH Online Dienst GmbH, Kristian Koehntopp,
Siemenswall, 24107 Kiel, +49 431 386 436 00
Using PHP3? See our web development library at