Nice: Congressional Internet Caucus Advisory Committee (fwd)

Jedenfalls ein nettes Beispiel, wie offen Politik gemacht werden kann, aus
BRD hab ich sowas noch nicht gesehen, voilissima:

The Congressional Internet Caucus Advisory Committee is open for new
members. It is critical that public interest groups participate --
the committee is _heavily_ weighted toward industries. This is a
Congressional activity, so DC area groups are probably the ones that
could realistically participate.

Below is the _proposed_ agenda for the year. The categories are
firmer than the content of them.

To join, an organization should write (not e-mail) **SOON** to:
Lauren Frazier
c/o Representative Rick Boucher
2329 Rayburn HOB
Washington, DC 20515

indicating
     interest in participating,
     org'l person who will be participating (name, e-address,
     phone #), and
     which areas (see below) you will participate in.

They say they are open to other content and/or format (e.g.,
seminars, small meetings, etc. in addition to fora).

If you have specific questions, please contact
Benjamin Cline Benjamin.Cline@mail.house.gov or
Lauren Frazier Lauren.Frazier@mail.house.gov

Patrice
-------------------------------------
Patrice McDermott, Co-Director
Agenda for Access -- an OMB Watch project
patricem@ombwatch.org
Date: 02/02/99
Time: 14:43:12
-------------------------------------

On Thu, 14 Jan 1999, Benjamin Cline <benjamin.cline@mail.house.gov> wrote:

> January 14, 1999
>
> Advisory Committee Members
> Congressional Internet Caucus
> Washington, D.C. 20515
>

> Dear Advisory Committee Members:
>
> As the co-chairs of the Congressional Internet Caucus, we want to
> express our thanks to those Members of the CIC Advisory Committee
> who were actively involved in the Caucus during the 105th Congress,
> and we also want to welcome those who have expressed an interest in
> becoming new Advisory Committee Members for the 106th Congress.
>
> With the help of the Advisory Committee, the CIC was successful
> during the 105th Congress in raising the awareness and understanding
> of Members of Congress concerning significant emerging policy
> matters affecting the Internet's future.  Several bills to promote
> the growth of the Internet were signed into law during the 105th
> Congress, including Internet tax moratorium legislation, securities
> litigation reform, WIPO implementation/OSP liability legislation,
> and Y2K information disclosure legislation.  The successful passage
> of these and other bills was due in no small part to the education
> of Members of Congress by the Internet Caucus.
>
> We are optimistic that legislation promoting Internet growth will be
> equally successful the 106th Congress, and we have set an ambitious
> agenda that involves increased participation by Caucus participants
> and a higher profile for Caucus events.  We will once again be
> holding several forums in 1999 to educate Members about various
> Internet-related topics, including privacy, access, content, and
> security.
>
> Staff for the Internet Caucus co-chairs will hold an organizational
> meeting with Advisory Committee members at 1:00 PM on January 21 in
> room 2105 of the Rayburn House Office Building to discuss the Caucus
> agenda and events for the 106th Congress. Enclosed is a memo
> outlining the Caucus agenda. Please contact Ben Cline with
> Congressman Goodlatte (5-5431) or Lauren Frazier with Congressman
> Boucher (5-3861) with any questions.
>
> Looking forward to a successful year,
>

> Congressman Bob Goodlatte       Congressman Rick Boucher
>
> Senator Conrad Burns            Senator Patrick Leahy
>

> Congressional Internet Caucus--Agenda for the 106th Congress
>
>      In the 106th Congress the Congressional Internet Caucus will
> continue to build upon its established mission of educating Members
> of the House and Senate about the promise and potential of the
> Internet.  In achieving this goal, the Caucus will work closely with
> the Congressional Internet Caucus Advisory Committee on a series of
> educational events which focus on major Internet technology and
> policy matters.  As detailed below, each forum in 1999 will be
> structured with significant Member, senior official and senior
> public interest and private sector participation to raise the
> profile and effectiveness of the forums as a channel for discussion
> [...]

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz