[FYI] Comments on the DTI document

http://jya.com/dti-analysis.htm

-------------------------------- CUT --------------------------------

Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 17:07:27 GMT
From: Charles Lindsey <chl@clw.cs.man.ac.uk>
To: UKcrypto@maillist.ox.ac.uk
Subject: Comments on the DTI document

The DTI proposals are clearly a considerable improvement on anything
we have seen before. More importantly, it is clear that their
understanding of cryptographic issues has advanced considerably since
then (I think this list can take some of the credit for their
education), to the extent that they now seem to be asking the right
questions, and even giving many of the correct answers.

Nevertheless, the details still need to be examined carefully, and
there are some suspicious examples of double-speak which might leave
room for things to change in the wrong direction come the legislation.
So here are my own comments, some of which may form part of my
eventual submission to them.

[...]