[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[FYI] Amazon vs. The Times
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: [FYI] Amazon vs. The Times
- From: Kristian Köhntopp <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 07 Jun 1999 11:19:53 +0200
- Comment: This message comes from the debate mailing list.
- Organization: NetUSE GmbH
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
Streit um das Urheberrecht an einer 10-Punkte Liste...
Amazon, NYT in legal spat
Bookseller wants to use Times'
best-seller list, despite paper's
June 4, 1999: 7:51 p.m. ET
NEW YORK (CNNfn) - Amazon.com and the New
York Times traded blows Friday in a spat over the
newspaper's bestseller list.
Late Thursday night Amazon.com asked the U.S.
District Court in Seattle to rule that the online
bookseller could continue a promotion based on the
Times' best-seller list.
The Times lashed back Friday. "What they've done
is reprint our content without permission," a
spokesperson said. The paper demanded
Amazon.com license the rights to reprint the New York
Times Best Sellers List or stop using the list.
The spat started May 17, when Amazon.com
announced it would start selling New York Times
bestsellers at a 50 percent discount.
[ ... ]
Kristian Köhntopp, NetUSE Kommunikationstechnologie GmbH
Siemenswall, D-24107 Kiel, Germany, +49 431 386 436 00
Using PHP3? See our web development library at