[FYI] (Fwd) FWD:Self-Regulation of Internet Content

Date sent:      	Wed, 29 Sep 1999 10:15:51 -0400
From:           	David Sobel <sobel@epic.org>
Subject:        	FWD:Self-Regulation of Internet Content
To:             	gilc-plan@gilc.org
Send reply to:  	gilc-plan@gilc.org

FYI:

>From: Anja.Wohlfromm@Bertelsmann.de
>To: (recipient list deleted)
>Subject: Self-Regulation of Internet Content
>Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 15:47:31 +0200
>
>Dear Madam, dear Sir,
>
>our site has been updated during the last weeks.
>
>At the beginning of September the Internet Content Summit was held in
>Munich. The conference was an international forum of Internet experts
>and brought together decision makers in politics, Internet industry,
>media and the user community. The Bertelsmann Foundation presented
>its "Recommendations on Self-Regulation" which were discussed and
>commented in panels and workshops.
>
>Please find the following new components on our site:
>
>Downloads:
>The Memorandum: Recommendations of the Bertelsmann Foundation
>Comments on the Memorandum by Jeffrey Cole, Esther Dyson, Gareth
>Grainger, Siegmar Mosdorf, Niam Chiang Meng and Nadine Strossen.
>

>Press:
>Press clippings concerning the Internet Content Summit
>
>Speeches:
>The key speeches held by Ira Magaziner, President, sjs Inc., Boston,
>USA, Otto Schily, Federal Minister of the Interior, Germany and Mark
>Wössner, Chairman of the Board, Bertelsmann Foundation, Germany as
>Audio-Files.
>
>Thank you for your interest in the project Self-regulation of
>Internet Content.
>
>Yours sincerely,
>
>Anja Wohlfromm
>Project Assistant
>Bereich Medien / Media Division
>Bertelsmann Stiftung / Bertelsmann Foundation
>Carl-Bertelsmann-Str. 256
>Tel. ++49 (0)5241 / 81 -74 368
>Fax. ++49 (0)5241 / 81- 66 908
>e-mail: anja.wohlfromm@bertelsmann.de
>http://www.stiftung.bertelsmann.de/internetcontent

. David L. Sobel, General Counsel              *   +1 202 544 9240
(tel) Electronic Privacy Information Center        *   +1 202 547 5482
(fax) 666 Pennsylvania Ave., SE Suite 301          *   sobel@epic.org
Washington, DC 20003   USA                   *   http://www.epic.org .