Re: [icann-europe] Mike Roberts, authoritarian

Roberto Gaetano wrote:

> Oh, good, it has been a while since we heard the last insults on this list,
> welcome back, Michael.

Thank you for your cordial welcome. I extend the same to you. As to
insults, the only one is from Mr. Roberts, directed at the users of
the Internet, who, according to Mr. Roberts, don't possess the
intelligence or trustworthiness to be participants in ICANN.

"Elitist", "authoritarian", and "proto-fascist" are not insults,
they are descriptive terms, found in any lexicon or history book.
They describe the type of personality that, like Mr. Roberts',
believes that a debate on what constitutes consensus is a luxury
that should not be "granted" to the public by their rulers (i.e. Mr.
Roberts, George Bush, etc.) at a time of decision-making, but
instead should be made by those who have guns. "Elitist",
"authoritarian", and "proto-fascist" are the appropriate terms for
describing such a person.

It is sad to see that you, who have always professed an egalitarian
spirit, appear to be in agreement with Mr. Roberts' elitist,
authoritarian, proto-fascist ideas. Perhaps you are not, but merely
trying to blend in with what you think is the politically correct
position at the moment. Cowardice is not quite so despicable as
outright collusion with the enemies of democracy, like Mr. Roberts.

M.S.