Re: [ICANN-EU] Re: [icann-candidates] IPv6

Lutz and all,

  However IPV8 solves or does not include the many problems
with IPv6.  As a long standing working group member of the
IPv6 WG, I can personally attest to this fact.  Yet until recently
the IETF did not recognize IPv8, it does now though...

Lutz Donnerhacke wrote:

> * Jefsey Morfin wrote:
> >>From:                   Bob Alberti <alberti@tcfreenet.org>
>
> As written three weeks ago: BGP4 and IPv6 provider prefixes are limited. So
> IPv6 does not solve the problem of provider attitude, but eases routing.
> OTOH IPv6 dramatically reduce the number of official numbers given to office
> or home computers due to the link/side local uni/anycast addresses and
> autoconfiguration features. So IPv6 will serve the job much better than
> IPv4, but cause other problems, because the primary provider prefixes are
> limited and should mirror the current interconnection state, which will not
> work in the long term.

Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 9236 fwd's to home ph#