Re: [ICANN-EU] A specific question for Lutz D

At 16:02 4/09/00 +0000, Lutz Donnerhacke wrote:
>* Joop Teernstra wrote:
>>On your candidate website you mention that "WE (you and your employer IKS)
>>are conservative in DN issues."
>>
>>Can you please make it clear what you mean by that?
>
>If a customer wants more than a (2nd level) domain name, he usually get it
>only after a longer discussion if it is really necessary or not. Our prices
>look high enough to prevent extensive domain grabbing.
>
>Even if a customer insists on a *.org or *.net domain, he usually has to
>answer the question why he assume to be a international NGO or provider. :-)
>
>Of course, in the last instance a customer get what he wants, but it is not
>as easy as expected.

Thank you Lutz , for the clarification.
Don't you feel uncomfortable with wielding such discretionary power of
"making things difficult" for DN hopefuls?

Don't you feel that such power is also open to abuse?
Or does this come with the SysAdmin territory?

BTW, if you will be eliminated in this race, are you planning to stand for
office in the DNSO, ISP constituency?

Joop Teernstra  LL.M.

"Liberty is not only given, it is also taken."