Re: [ICANN-EU] Re: .EU

I Think that a lot of companies whith .com names will ask the same names on the
new TLD .eu
Protection first ! And during a long time the marketing teams will always use
only the .com and anything else, because the .eu will not be accepted in the
public.
We had that in France a few years ago with the commercial access to Minitel
services. There were the access number 3615 only and some organizations asked to
open a new commercial access 3616 because, the 3615 was not clear for an
enterprise's message. There were too much services on the 3615, and especially
sex services and chat rooms, and I don't know whatelse.
So, the new access 3616 was created, only for the enterprises (like the .eu
tomorrow).
And, what happened ?
All the enterprises who had a commercial name on the 3615 access baught the same
on the 3616, and, because nobody in the public knew what was this new access, all
the enterprises did their communications and advertisements like before, with the
3615. And  during some years, the two access were on the same ad : call to
3615-3616 AIR FRANCE.
Bis repetita with the .eu ?

NB : There were also another real reason for the creation of the 3616 commercial
access for Minitel services in France. In fact, frequently, in the enterprises or
administrations, it was impossible to call to the 3615 services because this
number was closed on the Pabx. The 3616 was open.
But, only a few codes came on the 3616 and the public knows 3615 only..

Best regards.
MB

begin:vcard
n:BAUJARD;Michel