Re: [icann-eu] LAST CALL: Study Committee Comments.

"...Also, we should not forget that the basic board structure (nine at
large directors, nine SO directors, plus the CEO and president) is one of
the things which were left over from ICANN's earliest days.  This means
that trying to remove the at large directors would not only be an
embarassment to us, but possibly also to the governments involved. ..."

I agree

It is always good to remember history:

The first body discussed was the Ad Hoce Working Group under ISOC (1996)
with seven members (three from IANA and two both from ISOC and IETF)

The second body was the "Policy Oversight Committee"  under the gTLD-MoU
(1997) with 12 members (six from the "Internet Community" (IANA, ISOC,
IAB), three from the governments (ITU 2 and WIPO 1) und three from the
industry (INTA 1 and CORE 2).

ICANNs BoD (1998) is the thrid variant with 19 (9 -1-9 with no
governments). So far it has worked. I would be careful to change it.

What is the benefit if ICANN + has a Board of 35? (and then an Executive
Board of 5?)

Wolfgang