Re: [icann-europe] Re: [ecdiscuss] Re: [icann-europe] European RootServer System

Marc Schneiders <marc@schneiders.org> writes:

> On Mon, 22 Apr 2002, at 17:56 [=GMT+0200], Florian Weimer wrote:
>> Marc Schneiders <marc@schneiders.org> writes:

>> > Who are they? I am curious.
>>
>> New.net and its ISP partners (Tiscali, EarthLink, Prodigy, NetZero,
>> Juno, Tutopia, but also Oleco and 3cnet).
>
> New.net, of which I am no fan, does not profit _from_
> destabilising.

But they profit through destabilizing. ;-)

> In fact they would make a lot more profit, if they could succeed in
> getting their TLDs included in the ICANN root.

Well, I still hope that TLDs never become a commodity, and that ICANN
will never add this many new TLDs.  If they do, New.net would become
just another registrar.

It's not clear to me what's the aim of New.net.  Just to earn money
with the current model?  Or force ICANN to add their TLDs?