[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[atlarge-discuss] Re: [ncdnhc-discuss] ISOC to bid on .org
- To: "Michael Froomkin - U.Miami School of Law" <email@example.com>
- Subject: [atlarge-discuss] Re: [ncdnhc-discuss] ISOC to bid on .org
- From: Jeff Williams <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2002 00:35:55 -0700
- CC: Don Heath <email@example.com>, Milton Mueller <Mueller@syr.edu>, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, gen full <firstname.lastname@example.org>, icann board address <email@example.com>, atlarge discuss list <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Delivered-To: mailing list email@example.com
- List-Help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-Post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-Subscribe: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-Unsubscribe: <mailto:email@example.com>
- Mailing-List: contact firstname.lastname@example.org; run by ezmlm
- Organization: INEGroup Spokesman
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
Michael and all,
Good questions here Michael. One has to wonder as I stated
earlier. One sure does hear and read some strange and weird things
coming out ot the ISOC over the past few months to be sure...
Michael Froomkin - U.Miami School of Law wrote:
> Don, it would be helpful if you could set me straight - one hears so many
> weird things these days.
> I've been told that ISOC just rewrote it rules so that individual members
> no longer vote to elect directors, and the voting rights are for sale to
> corporate conributors.
> That's false, right? ISOC is still a members' organization, not
> controled/controllable by a trade group, isn't it?
> On Mon, 3 Jun 2002, Don Heath wrote:
> > At 07:58 PM 6/3/02 -0400, Milton Mueller wrote:
> > >At any rate, Given ISOC's status as a quasi-commercial
> > >trade association, I would think it could not stand on its own
> > >in this competition; it would need support from other
> > >organizations. Let's see what happens.
> > Sorry. We're not at all a "quasi-commercial trade association." ISOC is a
> > 501c3 non profit international organization and has a long record of
> > anything but a commercial trade organization. But then, I suspect you
> > really do know that.
> > Don
> > _______________________________________________
> > Discuss mailing list
> > Discuss@icann-ncc.org
> > http://www.icann-ncc.org/mailman/listinfo/discuss
> Please visit http://www.icannwatch.org
> A. Michael Froomkin | Professor of Law | firstname.lastname@example.org
> U. Miami School of Law, P.O. Box 248087, Coral Gables, FL 33124 USA
> +1 (305) 284-4285 | +1 (305) 284-6506 (fax) | http://www.law.tm
> -->It's hot here.<--
> Discuss mailing list
Jeffrey A. Williams
Spokesman for INEGroup - (Over 124k members/stakeholders strong!)
CEO/DIR. Internet Network Eng/SR. Java/CORBA Development Eng.
Information Network Eng. Group. INEG. INC.
Contact Number: 972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827
Address: 5 East Kirkwood Blvd. Grapevine Texas 75208
To unsubscribe, e-mail: email@example.com
For additional commands, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org