RE: [atlarge-discuss] bucharest meeting

Eric wrote:

>Somebody clue me in as to why are we scheduling anything in connection with
an
>ICANN meeting at this point.  We have no consensus on position, we have no
>elected advocates and we have no agenda.

It's called "showing the flag."  Even if we *aren't* interested in "making
nice" with ICANN, this meeting is likely to draw representatives of lots of
other organzations, and members of the press, who we *are* intetrested in
having a dialog with.  Who knows: that one key contact that will break the
outreach open for us might just bump into one of our members there!

Bruce Young
Portland, Oregon
Bruce@barelyadequate.info
http://www.barelyadequate.info