Re: [atlarge-discuss] call for a webmaster

Vittorio and all stakeholders or other interested parties,

  I must agree with Vittorio in that Joop should have months ago
turned over the Passwords and access facilities to whomever
is to be the Webmaster for the ICANNATLARGE.COM
site.

  I disagree wit Vittorio that donated services are all that
available for maintaining the ICANNATLARGE.COM
web site or that this should be done necessarily pro bono.

  The crux of the problem still remains where it started.
ICANNATLARGE.COM still has not gotten the necessary
legal work done to be a non-profit corp/organization, and
does not yet have any accounts and a Financial officer
by which funding can legitimately be done.  Until or unless
these two things are in place, this At-Large will be
in continuing flux if not disregarded all together...

Vittorio Bertola wrote:On Tue, 16 Jul 2002 11:46:34 +1200, you wrote:

> >At 05:33 p.m. 15/07/2002 +0200, Vittorio Bertola wrote:
> >
> >>This person will not be paid, and will have to agree to supply its time for
> >>free at least for the next six months.
> >
> >Has the Panel voted on this decision?
> >IMHO it is a mistake.
>
> As I already told you a number of times... first, there is no way that
> a (still formally non-existing) organization can hire anyone or buy
> any service, and second, even if we could get funds to spend, I can
> see no reason to spend them on webmastering services, since I am sure
> that we can get voluntary services of sufficient quality.
>
> In fact, I would have personally done changes and upgrades to the site
> in the last three months, if only you had given us the passwords to
> access it. The panel voted three months ago that a list of persons
> should have full access to the website - and we didn't succeed in
> getting it from you since then.
>
> Thus I would only like to get a clear and final word from you: will
> you provide passwords for full access to the current website? (to me,
> or, if you don't trust me, to the next Chairman.)
> --
> vb.               [Vittorio Bertola - v.bertola [a] bertola.eu.org]<------

Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827