Re: [atlarge-discuss] My choices for a leadership team

Jamie and all stakeholders or other interested parties,

  I agree that it would be much better if the nominees were
as country and culture diverse as possible in this upcoming
election.  Some I have noticed from countries other
than the US, have recently been nominated.  However
it they are not members as Vittorio has pointed out,
than they cannot stand for election.  This to me is
a form of gerrymandering, but there you have it none
the less.  Ergo, it seems that unless or until some
better OUTREACH is done and soon the US
bias ICANNATLARGE.COM will be pretty much
the status quo.

  Other thoughts on recent Nominees:

  As I mentioned above, yesterday and today, there has been
some/few additional nominees from countries other than the
United States.  This is a good thing.  However none of them
that I have seen thus far have been participants in any way
thus far or have only participated very little in discussion
and debate over issues that are of interest to the stakeholders/users
or members of ICANNATLARGE.COM.  As such, how
can the members therefore make an informed decision as to
whom of these very new nominees to vote for?  I myself
and not overly concerned regarding geographical diversity
in choosing a candidate to nominate or vote for.  I want
the BEST and most INFORMED candidates to be
elected.

James Love wrote:

> I agree with Izumi and others who are concerned about diverse membership on
> the board.   I think the next panel should address this, and make proposals
> to ensure that the board is not dominated by one or a few countries, which
> could happen, and which should not happen.   Right now it is most important
> to have good candidates from different cultures and regions.
>
> Jamie
>
> Izumi AIZU wrote:
> > At 14:28 02/07/16 -0400, DannyYounger@cs.com wrote:
> >
> >> You are correct that many I selected are Americans... so what?  If
> >> they are
> >> the best candidates to get the job done then I will support pragmatism
> >> over
> >> political correctness any day of the week.
> >>
> >> In my view, at this point in the life of the At-Large, the interests
> >> of our
> >> community can best be protected by those that are in a position to
> >> successfully interact with the US Congress and the US Department of
> >> Commerce
> >> in order to ensure that the upcoming revised MoU provides for user
> >> participation and representation to the greatest degree possible.  The
> >> Americans that I have cited are capable of exerting such influence.
> >

> > I don't mind if someone nominates all Americans or All Japanese or Chinese,
> > whatever, that is up to him/her, but I do mind if the end-result of the
> > panel
> > composition is very much dominated by a single country/ethnic groups for
> > the new at-large structure. We should try it to get wider representation
> > and participation. Dealing with USG is not the direct mission, and dealing
> > with US Congress is not the business of the new organization, at least
> > directly, in my opinion.
> >
> > izumi
> >

> >> Who can you propose that equally might have such leverage with these
> >> decision-makers?  I am open to suggestions...

> --
> ------
> James Love, Consumer Project on Technology
> http://www.cptech.org, mailto:love@cptech.org
> voice: 1.202.387.8030; mobile 1.202.361.3040

Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827