RE: [atlarge-discuss] Point of personal privilege --I'mbeingdisenfranchised by glitches in the system!

> I tried this pointer several times.  It will not go there.
>
> Regards,
>

> Micheal Sherrill

Works fine for me. Watch the wrap.
Regards,
Joanna

> From: Alexander Svensson <alexander@svensson.de>
> Date:  Mon, 05 Aug 2002 05:22:20 +0200
>

> A last posting about the original At Large membership list:
> Somehow, I kept remembering the term "locked up in an encrypted file",
> and thanks to TBTF/roving_reporter and the Berkman Center, I found the
> reference: In November 2000, Andrew McLaughlin said that the data
> is (was?) kept in an encrypted database for privacy reasons.
> Here's the link to that RealPlayer segment:
> http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/scripts/rammaker.asp?s=cyber&dir=ican
n&file=icann-111200&start=5-58-20&end=5-59-00

Joe Bordo doubted that this "list would be as effectively useless as one
that was
destroyed" -- I didn't (want to) overemphasize the aspect of bounced mail.
My main point was that it has not been used since to contact people and keep
them informed. But don't underestimate the outdatedness either: I remember
that someone told me about the e-mail which was sent to all of the people
who had signed up for the At Large informing them about the At Large Study.
I don't remember the percentage, but I found it surprisingly high, and that
was in February 2001!

Best regards,
/// Alexander