Re: [atlarge-discuss] Rules on Election of Chair

On Wed, 07 Aug 2002 09:31:40 -0400, you wrote:

>I'm sure VB will do an excellent job resolving this issue.  It is August, so
>nothing is easy right now.... of course.

We could ask someone to manually act as a tiny version of our
elections system: each panel member sends him his vote, he assigns
back an anonymized code and publishes back all votes anonymized. I
think that our current watchdogs could be available to run this.

Anyway, please, this issue is bursting out too much. The point is not
running a beauty contest, but is selecting a Chair that can be
effective and unite the panel and the membership, rather than split
them up in two different parties. I think that all panel members would
have sufficient skills to be effective Chairs; so in my view it is
better if we all agree on a candidate that can represent all of us,
rather than growing up a conflict. We were not elected to struggle for
a seat, but to accomplish some real work; and after all, we all share
the final goals.

It appears clear to me that I cannot, at this stage, be supported by
the whole panel; and the same can be said for Joanna and Jamie. I am
thought to be too moderate, and they are thought to be too extreme. So
wouldn't it be simpler if we agreed on another person?
--
vb.               [Vittorio Bertola - v.bertola [a] bertola.eu.org]<------