Re: [atlarge-discuss] ALOC

At 15:22 07/08/02, Sotiris Sotiropoulos wrote:
Given that I am no longer a member of the Supervisory Panel, I'm unsure as to whether or not it would be acceptable for me to continue my involvement in the ALOC/ALAC as an observer for this organization. I'm interested in hearing from our members and the new Panel on this matter as there is another ALAC teleconference on this coming Friday, Aug. 9.
I do support that Sotiris continues his involvement.
IMHO the panel is to help and serve, not to trust nor direct.

The same goes for the SA and African representation. People have been elected. Their region was indicated. Now they are to support a collegial effort: in their decisions they must take regional origin into account: IMHO they are diversified enough to have a good undestanding of this requirment.
jfc