Re: [atlarge-discuss] Latin America and Africa

Wednesday, August 07, 2002 * 12:44 PM EDT USA

I add my voice in support of the voices below.

/s/ Joe Bordo

At 12:26 PM 8/7/2002, James Love wrote:

Bret Fausett wrote:
Erick raises a good point. Perhaps we can create a rule that will allow the
panel to round out its composition through special appointments.

I agree with Bret. An easy choice would be the highest vote getter from any unrepresented region.

     -- Bret
Erick Iriarte Ahon wrote:

Hi People

I think is necessary to create a mechanism to include almost one people
from Latin America and Africa in the Board of icannatlarge.com

Is necessary have a geographic diversity because each region have real and
differents point-of-view and problems, and realities.

Maybe someone said: "but we elected some people", yes we elected, but our
system don't only have the inscription by regions but no a real election by
regions. Is possible to incorporate some people like "special advisor" with
real participation, to don't "put-off" this regions.

Internet is global yes, but globalization don't mean "that all are same",
globalization mean "all participate in equal possibilities in the world!!"

Please dear new members of the new board, take this comment in the best way
for build a real Internet, one internet for all people, not only for
connected people.

Thanks

Erick Iriarte Ahon
Latinoamericann Project
http://latinoamericann.derecho.org.ar

------
James Love, Consumer Project on Technology
http://www.cptech.org, mailto:love@cptech.org
voice: 1.202.387.8030; mobile 1.202.361.3040