Re: [atlarge-discuss] 006 Deciding Name for Organisation

Joanna and all stakeholders or other interested parties,

  Indeed you are quite right here in your conclusion, Joanna...

  Perhaps a coined acronym who's letters of that acronym
are the first letters of the actual new name of our organization.
And example that has worked here is EFF = Electronic Frontiers
Foundation...

Joanna Lane wrote:

> Eric,
> You raise an important point here. Whatever we call ourselves, translation is a consideration. One of the names being suggested is "World At Large". What does this look like in other languages?
>
> Monde en général
> Welt in Freiheit
> Мир в целом
> Mundo en general
>
> What this tells me is that "At Large" has no intrinsic value to add to "world". They are both generalizations with no indication that we are an internet organization.
>
> Joanna

Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827