RE: [atlarge-discuss] 006 Deciding Name for Organisation

Eric,
You raise an important point here. Whatever we call ourselves, translation is a consideration. One of the names being suggested is "World At Large". What does this look like in other languages?

Monde en général
Welt in Freiheit
Мир в целом
Mundo en general

What this tells me is that "At Large" has no intrinsic value to add to "world". They are both generalizations with no indication that we are an internet organization.

Joanna