RE: [atlarge-discuss] RE: [atlarge-panel] Fw:[atlarge-discuss] ALOC

Judith Oppenheimer wrote:

>As have I, but when you think Esther, think Enron.   Think of a financially
>and politically motivated snake-oil salesman, for whom betrayal is a
>consistent modus operandi.

I have a different take on Esther.  She is the hungry puppy whining at
ICANN's back door.  She hopes that if she does enough tricks and keeps them
happy they'll feed her and take her in.  But even when they kick her to the
curb, she comes back, because its the only home she knows.

Better, having been kicked repeatedly, to turn your back and find a new home
where you'll be appreciated!  That is what we are trying to build for all
the Internet uses who were disenfranchised.

Bruce Young
Portland, Oregon USA
bruce@barelyadequate.info
http://www.barelyadequate.info