Re: [atlarge-discuss] Current suggestions list of new names/DN's for our group..

----- Original Message -----
From: Judith Oppenheimer <joppenheimer@icbtollfree.com>

> For me, NetAtLarge seems a bit abrupt, while InternetAtLarge flows better.

I agree with you on this, Judith : as a novelist myself, I'm aware of rhythm
and flow in language.
NetatLarge is indeed abrupt. It's awkward. It's the -tat- part, a repetition
of t's in quick succession with an "A" in between which is awkward too. The
name has to be sort of "spat out".

WorldatLarge has the same number of syllables but is more balanced (five
letters before, five letters after @) and is plainly emphatic.

I personally prefer putting the emphasis on World rather than Internet
because it states in our name the biggest aspect of our argument : that
there's a whole world of people who have a right in this - I go with
www.worldatlarge.org

> p.s.  re a logo, I rather like the image of ICANNatLarge, with a big red
> slash through ICANN and Internet written above it in handwriting font.

I didn't like the clenched fist logo and I don't personally favour anything
negative in our logo. I'd also prefer to keep absolute clear distance from
ICANN and I wouldn't want to even afford them the honour of a crossed out
name. We should regard the ICANN name as contemptible and it should not
besmirch our logo

Richard