Re: [atlarge-discuss] Report to the ERC

As one of the members of the Assistance group, and one of the members
of icanatlarge.com (and some other AL efforts ;-), I would say, if I wanted to
take the action suggested by Danny I would not have joined the
assistance group when asked. To me that was the point to make a choice.

I joined the group and tried to find out some kind of mutual solution
that would eventually lead better participation and representation
by individual users to ICANN decision making process including at
the Board level.

It is clear that global direct election was already denied by the
Board and thus it does not make sense for the assistance group for ERC
to simply stand up and shout "global election".

So with all due respect to Danny, I would not accept your comment.

I do not mean calling for direct election is bad at all, but it depends on
where and how you request that. Do it inside or outside, or both, is
the question. I would try both.

Please do not try to call people with similar thinking as fool or idiot.
The goal is similar, the means are often different, and I think that
is a healthy, though sometime not easy, situation.

best,

izumi