[atlarge-discuss] Re: [atlarge-panel] website email

On 09:07 03/09/02, vivek@vivekdurai.com said:
I suggest that all panel members who are interested in receiving the replies "raise their hands". Joop, it wouldn't be too much of a problem, would it? That way, we can continue to keep this process transparent, and have a handle on things.
I fully supports that attitude.
I raise my hand.

Now I would like to have the atlarge.org issue settled. Here is what I propose;

1. I will manage the atlarge.org name DNS files (together with Marc if he wants). These files will be hosted on my two name servers and on two other name severs to be found (Marc?, Joey). For good management and no interference with other operations it would be good that there are dedicated machines too, or part of the http://dot-root.com project what would give @large a status in the root system). The control should be made by the WG-DNS which already counts Joe and me and is open to everyone with DNS knowledge.

2. my small world@wide foundation will support and temporarily donate (they were ready as atlarge.ws they are to be changed to atlagre.org) :

- one dedicated site
- with dedicated protected FTP access
- with e-mail
- with mailing list (mailman) totally undrthe control of the webmaster.

to every WG and national cell.
such as

http://icann.atlarge.org icann@large.org and icann-wg@large.org list
http://nz.atlarge.org nz@atlarge.org and nz-cc@large.org list

I will offer the machine etc. and I propose that Joey is provided the necessary password to run the show with me and that atleast another trusted person shares with us (Sotiris?)

Interested webmaster can apply immediately by mail on this list. It will be activated as soon as the "atlarge.org" is properly organized.

3. I propose that we set-up an http://vote.large.org site the same way and that a few people propose themselves as site organizers. This will be a "private venture to offered to the community". Their first vote should be to elected the trustees of their voting system. I note that we need that voting system to be portable to another machine and to be controlled by several watch-dogs.

4. the WG-DNS group will try to find revenues from this support of the @large community through a paypal service. The whole cost of this is estimated to around $ 50 per month plus work as long as ghe traffic stays OK.. We cold for example have a deal as domain name value added reseller. Ane get revenues from banners, etc.

5. I would be glad that Joop joins the WG-DNS to share with his knowledge of the site. This WG-DNS does not interfere at all with the WG-WEB. This is infrastructural support to WG-Web and Outreach. For that reason, I would thank Richard to share in the WG-DNS. We will certainly have problems for accepting some local/specialized demands. We have to ceoncert over that: the decsion will then be escalated to the Panel. The management of ".atlarge.org" is much like the IANA ccTLD database. A strong concertance is to be maintained with the world@wide fondation donatingthe sites and the mailing lists.

I hope this will permit the @large movement we launched to restart and the outreach to develop.
jfc