Re: [atlarge-discuss] Panel and Position

Ron and all stakeholders or other interested parties and members,

Ron Sherwood wrote:

> Good morning, Eric:
>
>     Your thoughtful and sincere postings are a valuable asset to this list,
> but I am concerned by your use of the word "merely" in your message below.
> I know the word means "simply" or "only" but it also carries a connotation
> of "easily accomplished".  I believe it is out of place when applied to the
> difficult and complex position in which we have placed our elected panel.

  At the risk of word parsing here, perhaps you could explain in detail
than Ron, what the "complex position in which we have placed our elected panel"
are, how the term, "merely" that eric use as to it's misuse???

>     Half of the posts that I read are chastising panel members for failing
> to live up to their responsibilities as elected leaders. The other half are
> proclaiming that they have no power or responsibility and certainly are not
> elected representatives of the organization.

  The latter is the correct one.  If you had read Vittorios election
criterion when we had the election that was voted upon, than
you of course would know this.  It is also just as important to keep
that in the forefront of you mind at all times when considering the
Panels responsibilities...

>     I truly believe that this fledgling organization must have leadership
> and that that leadership must have the power to lead.

  Yes this is very true and necessary.  But the "Panel" are not our
elected representatives.  They are just what the term and restrictions
in the election of the "Panel" are.  Nothing less, and certainly nothing more.
We as members must work together to move forward on various
needs and initiatives to get the other tasks underway.