Re: [atlarge-discuss] icannatlarge.com

At 07:08 a.m. 20/09/2002 -0400, Joanna Lane wrote:
As Chair, I am unwilling to proceed into something that may bring legal
recourse against myself or my successor in title. This is a serious legal
issue with ramifications that require me to take immediate action to protect
myself personally from any liability issues as well as my family.
Dear Joanna,

The most effective action to protect yourself personally from any liability issues is either to resign as Chair of the website supervisory Panel or
to let the Panel vote on ordering the current website offline immediately.

What you (and the unanimous consent of your handpicked not-elected watchdogs) are doing now is interfering with the democratic process in a manner that goes way beyond your mandate to say it most politely.
(Now you have observed the Polling for 5 days and most of the votes have been cast are you perhaps observing that icannatlarge.org is gaining a majority?)

Do not damage the status of this organization as a democratic effort ("suicide" to use the words of Elisabeth) by letting anybody send that letter to the whole membership.

Personally I think your immediate resignation and the election of a new Panel Chair is the right answer for your problems.

With the best intentions, both for you and for the not-yet-organized organization,

--Joop Teernstra LL.M.--
initial webmaster
www.icannatlarge.com
Sign up and spread the word.