RE: [atlarge-discuss] icannatlarge.com

Jeff Williams wrote:

|  One such example is icannwatch.  There are several others.
|  SO for ICANN to do so now would not get much consideration
|  in a court of law an their atty's know that...

Failure to defend their trademark today doesn't prevent them from doing so
in the future!  For all you know Joe Sims has a "cease and desist" letter
ready to drop on us as soon as the election is over!

There are many other ways this could play out besides the one you mention.
But as I see it, whichever scenario ICANN automatically has the benefit of
the doubt legally in each of them.  So why go there?

|  Hence the point
|  is moot, and yes, Joanna Jumped the gun, as well as I might add,
|  overreacted.

Again, I must stress that this was *not* Joanna doing something unaided.
Walter and I consulted with her and each other, and jointly put our three
names on the message to the panel.  If you're looking for an excuse to pick
on Joanna, choose another subject!

Bruce Young
Portland, Oregon USA
bruce@barelyadequate.info