Re: [atlarge-discuss] icannatlarge.com

Judith and all stakeholders or other interested parties and members,

Judith Oppenheimer wrote:

> I believe the concern was regarding individual liability as a panelist.

  There isn't any.  First, none of the panelists are the registrants of the
Domain name ICANNATLARGE.COM.  Second, ICANN isn't in
any position to sue or file a UDRP against ICANNATLARGE.COM
for a number of already stated reasons.  Third, ICANNATLARGE.COM
is not yet incorporated, though this would not prevent such filings but
would make it difficult to make it stick.  Forth, ICANNATLARGE.COM
is already excepted for the moment by ICANN to a degree... Fifth,
ICANN has had prior knowledge...

  I could go on here...  But I think you get the drift...

> All of this "take the risk, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it"
> bravado (or "let the cards fall where they may") comes at a significant
> *personal* legal and financial risk that is beyond the burden of what
> anyone assumed when they became a panelist.

  It shouldn't have been.  If it was or is, than those panelists were
ignorant beyond good reason...  And there was no bravado as you
mischaracterize it IMHO here, involved in my comments that you
quote involved or intended.  There is also NO, personal legal
or financial involvement with respect to any TM case or UDRP to
any panelist.  Never has been.  And it is very highly unlikely that
there ever will be as John indicated indirectly in this regard.
Hence my claim, which remains unchanged, that Joanna as
CHAIR overreacted, as to a lesser degree did Bruce in her
defense, which was nobel but unwarranted as several members
have indicated.

> What Joanna, Walter and Bruce did was entirely appropriate, given the
> advice of private counsel and the extraordinary circumstances.

  If you are talking about the specific letter, yes that was appropriate.
That was decidedly NOT what I have been referring to however.
As far as I know there has been not advice of record from private
council either Judyth.  If so, I would have to say that that council
should not overly influence any panel decision.  If they do, than
such a decision effects the members.  As such we should have a vote
on such actions that are of a result...