Re: [atlarge-discuss] Our New Name Isn't...

Chris and all stakeholders or other interested parties and members,

NameCritic wrote:

> You missed the point completely. When forming a seperate organization you
> don't include another organization in it's name because you tie your fate to
> theirs. This is not part of ICANN, therefore the name is deceiving, and
> limits us in our scope if ICANN should cease to exist.

  Norbert, Chris is right ot a point on this point.  Although he is a bit
to final in his analysis.

> What we do is our purpose. What we are called is our name. Please attempt to
> seperate those two things in your mind.
>
> Name recognition takes years to build. If ICANN was not around in one year
> we would be considering a name change at that time, then we would have lost
> one year in building our own name recognition.
>
> I simply propose that this organization have it's own name. That doesn't
> seem like something that should be fought so hard against by a couple of
> people.

  I agree.  But I also agree more that sense the members have voted
and decided what that name should be, we should now move forward
with what we have that was determined by a democratic process.