Re: [atlarge-discuss] Our New Name Isn't...

David, Joop and all stakeholders or other interested parties and members,

Joop Teernstra wrote:

> At 09:56 p.m. 3/10/2002 +0000, David Farrar wrote:
>
> >What I think we need to concentrate on is how to minimise the time that ALAC
> >spends as board appointed to being bottom up appointed.  There is no doubt
> >with
> >1,000 members we are in the best position to lead the charge here.
>
> Agreed.

  I would agree, but in that we cannot yet even garner finances/funding,
or our new DN adequately, this would at present seem not achievable
for awhile yet.  Unless or until we get our own house in order, which we
are quite a ways from doing and seemingly moving backwards now,
such a idea is too far out to consider at this time.  Lets take things
one step or bite as a time.  Small bites/steps first...

> >Another issue worth looking at is whether we should form a sub grouping of
> >members who are domain name holders and petition for recognition as a GNSO
> >constituency.
>
> >I believe that the grounds which IDNO got rejected on would not
> >apply here and that this organisation offers the best chance of getting an
> >individual registrants voice in the GNSO.
>
> Not disagreeing with the suggestion, can you please enlighten us on what "
> grounds which IDNO got rejected on "?

  Did the IDNO apply?

> As such denial of our petition was never officially made, this is something
> I have forever been trying  to find out from the Board and if you know the
> answer it would be very useful to let the members here know.

  The BoD did notify the IDNO officially Joop.  Or have you forgotten...???