Re: [atlarge-discuss] Our New Name Isn't...

At 09:56 p.m. 3/10/2002 +0000, David Farrar wrote:

What I think we need to concentrate on is how to minimise the time that ALAC
spends as board appointed to being bottom up appointed. There is no doubt with
1,000 members we are in the best position to lead the charge here.
Agreed.

Another issue worth looking at is whether we should form a sub grouping of
members who are domain name holders and petition for recognition as a GNSO
constituency.

I believe that the grounds which IDNO got rejected on would not
apply here and that this organisation offers the best chance of getting an
individual registrants voice in the GNSO.
Not disagreeing with the suggestion, can you please enlighten us on what " grounds which IDNO got rejected on "?
As such denial of our petition was never officially made, this is something I have forever been trying to find out from the Board and if you know the answer it would be very useful to let the members here know.

--Joop